Delhi Couture week opens with Varun Bahl show
New Delhi: Designer Varun Bahl`s show opened the second edition of Synergy 1 Delhi Couture Week but it was Madhuri Dixit Nene who hogged the limelight sitting on the front row despite arriving quite late.
The 44-year-old actress came late an hour which resulted in a delay in the inaugural act.
Madhuri, who wore a Swarovski studded white anarkali and was seen analysing the coutures created by the designer, refused to answer journalists` queries post-show.
The show brought back the era of French courtly debauchery as Bahl beautifully presented a contemporary interpretation of France`s most celebrated and berated queens. He, however, kept the Indian aesthetics alive with zardozi lehangas, farshi-pyajamas and anarkalis.
The colour palette consisted of pistachio hues to deep, wines, maroons, golden and ivory shades.
The royal look in the dresses were brought by air-like tulle, shimmering damasks and cascading chiffons which were nicely topped with majestic velvet jackets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Twinkle Khanna reveals her healthy alternatives!
- Priyanka Chopra feels 'blessed' to work with Blair Underwood, Aunjanue Ellis!
- Pakistani actors already home before MNS threat to leave India
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn