Delhi Couture week opens with Varun Bahl show
New Delhi: Designer Varun Bahl`s show opened the second edition of Synergy 1 Delhi Couture Week but it was Madhuri Dixit Nene who hogged the limelight sitting on the front row despite arriving quite late.
The 44-year-old actress came late an hour which resulted in a delay in the inaugural act.
Madhuri, who wore a Swarovski studded white anarkali and was seen analysing the coutures created by the designer, refused to answer journalists` queries post-show.
The show brought back the era of French courtly debauchery as Bahl beautifully presented a contemporary interpretation of France`s most celebrated and berated queens. He, however, kept the Indian aesthetics alive with zardozi lehangas, farshi-pyajamas and anarkalis.
The colour palette consisted of pistachio hues to deep, wines, maroons, golden and ivory shades.
The royal look in the dresses were brought by air-like tulle, shimmering damasks and cascading chiffons which were nicely topped with majestic velvet jackets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CONFIRMED! Sunny Leone bags film opposite Arbaaz Khan, feels 'fortunate'
- Killer moves! Lauren Gottlieb headstands like a pro—See pic
- Here's what Mangeshkar sisters have to say about Tanmay Bhat's controversial video!
- Play this quiz to know if your are really that smart!
- Oh Bond! Daniel Craig to work with THIS Bollywood director?
- Smoking hot! Shraddha Kapoor’s look on the cover of Filmfare is captivating
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion