Demi Lovato hails Beyonce for changing perceptions of beauty
New York: Singer Demi Lovato, while praising Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Lopez and Scarlett Johansson for their figures, said these stars have change how beauty is perceived today.
Lovato, 22, who recently posted an image showing how her figure has changed over the years, said she is happy to have a voluptuous body like Beyonce and others, reported Huffington Post.
"It makes me sad because I wasted so many years ashamed of my body when I could've been living the happy and healthy life I live today. It truly just goes to show you that your perceptions can lie to you," she captioned the image.
She explained how the perception of beauty has changed from 'extremely underweight' models and actresses to women such as Kardashian and Lopez, who have revolutionised 'what our generations view, and perception, of what beautiful is'.
Particularly praising Kardashian, Lovato said, "You can think whatever you want about the Kardashians but they really did help tonnes of women feel comfortable in their own skin."
She also said that Johansson and Vergara have amazing, yet realistic and achievable figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how