Demi Lovato hails Beyonce for changing perceptions of beauty
New York: Singer Demi Lovato, while praising Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Lopez and Scarlett Johansson for their figures, said these stars have change how beauty is perceived today.
Lovato, 22, who recently posted an image showing how her figure has changed over the years, said she is happy to have a voluptuous body like Beyonce and others, reported Huffington Post.
"It makes me sad because I wasted so many years ashamed of my body when I could've been living the happy and healthy life I live today. It truly just goes to show you that your perceptions can lie to you," she captioned the image.
She explained how the perception of beauty has changed from 'extremely underweight' models and actresses to women such as Kardashian and Lopez, who have revolutionised 'what our generations view, and perception, of what beautiful is'.
Particularly praising Kardashian, Lovato said, "You can think whatever you want about the Kardashians but they really did help tonnes of women feel comfortable in their own skin."
She also said that Johansson and Vergara have amazing, yet realistic and achievable figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH