Demi Lovato hails Beyonce for changing perceptions of beauty
New York: Singer Demi Lovato, while praising Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Lopez and Scarlett Johansson for their figures, said these stars have change how beauty is perceived today.
Lovato, 22, who recently posted an image showing how her figure has changed over the years, said she is happy to have a voluptuous body like Beyonce and others, reported Huffington Post.
"It makes me sad because I wasted so many years ashamed of my body when I could've been living the happy and healthy life I live today. It truly just goes to show you that your perceptions can lie to you," she captioned the image.
She explained how the perception of beauty has changed from 'extremely underweight' models and actresses to women such as Kardashian and Lopez, who have revolutionised 'what our generations view, and perception, of what beautiful is'.
Particularly praising Kardashian, Lovato said, "You can think whatever you want about the Kardashians but they really did help tonnes of women feel comfortable in their own skin."
She also said that Johansson and Vergara have amazing, yet realistic and achievable figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly