Designer duo to revive khadi at fashion week
New Delhi: Designer duo Kanika Seth and Mehak Pruthi, who have a Delhi- based clothing brand Threesome, are soon going to revive Indian fabric khadi through their collection to be showcased during upcoming Lakme Fashion Week Winter Festive 2013.
The five-day fashion event will start Aug 23 in Mumbai.
Their new collection Embryo, which features khadi, consists of long pencil skirts, cropped tops and more in earthy colours.
The collection is inspired by the concept of passage of time and captures the essence of the Indian who lives in big cities, but is still connected to traditions.
"The current collection that we are showcasing revolves around the revival of the fabric khadi. Khadi is being increasingly sidelined over preference for synthetic fabrics. Our mission is to go back to our roots and highlight these fabrics which are not only eco friendly, but diverse," the designers jointly said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- 'Raees' Shah Rukh Khan is travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train – See pics
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra