Designer Jyotee Khaitan`s latest collection, an ode to sari
New Delhi: Jyotee Khaitan is set to launch a festive collection, with stitched and lehenga-style saris.
"The collection mainly consists of stitched saris with brooches, non-stitched saris, lehenga style saris and sari outfits. My love for saris and drapes inspired by a sari, is the inspiration for this collection. I believe that a woman looks most feminine in a sari," the designer told reporters.
The collection will be unveiled at Kimaya store Wednesday.
Khaitan has used lot of bright colours on fabrics including georgette, net, chiffon, crepe, chantille lace and velvet.
"Each ensemble is extremely stylish. The saris have been teamed with corsets, halters, brocade and sequined blouses. The sari outfits are fitted on the top and at the waist till the hip, to give a structured and modern look to the sari," said the designer, a regular at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week and Lakme Fashion Week.
What about the target buyers?
"Since it is a luxury couture collection, it is targeted at the upper strata of the society. People nowdays have become very fashion and brand conscious. With an increasing number of young people working and having a good income, they are ready to invest in designer wear, but at the same time want quality and value for money," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui convicted for raping American woman
- Actor-photographer arrested for rape, blackmail
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- Anurag Kashyap's film honoured in South Korea
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic