Designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee aims to make brand affordable
New Delhi: If you ever thought of flaunting traditional yet contemporary designs by celebrated designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee, and the price tags put you off, don`t fret. He says he is planning to cater to the Indian masses with an affordable line.
"Getting into mass market is the plan I have for India since a very long time. In fact, I am slowly growing my market and I think in the next three or four years, almost everybody in India who are from some average bracket, will be able to afford Sabyasachi," Mukherjee said.
Known for his neo-traditional designs, he has also designed costumes for Bollywood films like ‘Babul’, ‘Laaga Chunari Mein Daag’ and ‘Raavan’, and he provides to a star clientele including actresses like Aishwarya Rai, Vidya Balan and Rani Mukerji.
The designer, who made his TV debut with the second season of ‘Band Baajaa Bride With Sabyasachi’ last year, is back with another season. Featuring 13 lucky brides getting a head-to-toe makeover from a team of experts, supervised by Mukherjee, the show will go on air on NDTV Good times starting Saturday.
The response, he says, is great.
"We are getting lot of queries this time from brides outside India and of different nationality. We are trying to cater new brides also, for example, there are foreign brides and also brides who can`t afford a Sabyasachi at all! So, the whole idea this season is that we are trying to get into new market," he said.
"Also, the most exciting thing this time is that I have roped in Aza Fashion and Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri, who will design jewellery for the wedding. So the show is going to be bigger," he added.
What all changes did he observe in the fashion choices of brides this year?
"They all come to me because they want typical Sabyasachi look. There is one European bride who came to us and asked for the traditional Sabyasachi look. I think most of the girls want to look like an Indian princess, and that is what the show celebrates. Even the foreign bride look out for Indian look," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Dutt keen on changing 'Bhoomi' release date?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- We are playing tennis doubles, quips Twinkle Khanna on marriage with Akshay Kumar!
- Katrina Kaif training hard for Salman Khan starrer 'Tiger Zinda Hai' and THIS is what she is learning!
- Deepika Padukone chit-chatting with Neetu Kapoor at Style Awards is a sight to behold!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH