Designer Sabyasachi, singer Bombay Jayashri team up for show
New Delhi: Acclaimed designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Oscar-nominated singer Bombay Jayashri are set to come together for a one of a kind fashion show.
Sabyasachi, who has completed 11 years in the fashion world, is being commemorated with a `Design Showcase` in two cities- Hyderabad and Chennai.
The show will feature live music by acclaimed Carnatic singer Jayashri, who was nominated at this year`s Oscars for Best Original Song for Pi`s Lullaby from the film ‘Life Of Pi’.
"We are happy to do an event with the leading fashion designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and classical vocalist Bombay Jayashri. The fusion of their styles creating beauty with sound and fashion should be magical," Arun Anant, CEO of The Hindu said in a statement.
For this special occasion, Sabyasachi has revisited the 1920s and recreated the opulence of the era with rich baroque detailing for his collection.
A distinct oriental influence in the choice of colours and sensuality of drapes will also reflect in the clothes.
The two shows (Hyderabad September 22 and and Chennai (September 26) will also include silent auctions of Sabyasachi`s garments.
The proceeds will go to The Mahesh Memorial Paediatric Oncology Centre set up by the Mahesh Memorial Trust at the Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!