Designer Sabyasachi, singer Bombay Jayashri team up for show
New Delhi: Acclaimed designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Oscar-nominated singer Bombay Jayashri are set to come together for a one of a kind fashion show.
Sabyasachi, who has completed 11 years in the fashion world, is being commemorated with a `Design Showcase` in two cities- Hyderabad and Chennai.
The show will feature live music by acclaimed Carnatic singer Jayashri, who was nominated at this year`s Oscars for Best Original Song for Pi`s Lullaby from the film ‘Life Of Pi’.
"We are happy to do an event with the leading fashion designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and classical vocalist Bombay Jayashri. The fusion of their styles creating beauty with sound and fashion should be magical," Arun Anant, CEO of The Hindu said in a statement.
For this special occasion, Sabyasachi has revisited the 1920s and recreated the opulence of the era with rich baroque detailing for his collection.
A distinct oriental influence in the choice of colours and sensuality of drapes will also reflect in the clothes.
The two shows (Hyderabad September 22 and and Chennai (September 26) will also include silent auctions of Sabyasachi`s garments.
The proceeds will go to The Mahesh Memorial Paediatric Oncology Centre set up by the Mahesh Memorial Trust at the Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui convicted for raping American woman
- Actor-photographer arrested for rape, blackmail
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- Anurag Kashyap's film honoured in South Korea
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic