Designer Sanchita`s risk with Freida Pinto`s Cannes look
New Delhi: Indian fashion designer Sanchita Ajjampur believes she took a "risk" with an "unconventional" ensemble - a "gild web gown" for actress Freida Pinto at the 66th Cannes International Film Festival. The hard work, she says, paid off.
Freida wore the designer`s custom-made creation for the premiere of "Jeune & Jolie" Thursday.
"Both Freida and I took a huge risk with this unconventional outfit for her red carpet appearance. Freida wears clothes from my label quite often, but this year we resolved to do something big at an international scale. It was a lot of hard work, but it has definitely paid off," Ajjampur said in a statement.
The designer wanted to make a piece that stood out in the crowd -- "something classic but with a twist".
Describing the creation, she said: "The concept was that of a gild web holding the entire dress together with embellished dragon flies trapped in it. Dragon-fly hair accessories finished the look creating a dramatic, surreal and fantasy-like appeal."
The designer started designing for Freida around three years ago, and finds the ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ actress as one of the best dressed woman.
Freida is at the Cannes fiesta as the ambassador of a leading global beauty brand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oscars 2017: Academy offers apology on best picture announcement gaffe
- Bob Harper suffers a heart attack, now recovering
- Disha Patani dancing to Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' song is the coolest thing you will WATCH today
- Deepika Padukone finally breaks her silence on comparisons with Priyanka Chopra
- Oscars 2017 weirdest TV finale since 'Lost', says Jimmy Kimmel
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired