Designing for West gives us creative freedom: Falguni-Shane Peacock
New Delhi: Indian designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacock, who have designed for renowned international figures like Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, say that it`s always fun to make clothes for both `desi` and `videshi` stars. But their creative freedom gets restricted while designing for the celebrities in their home country.
"It`s always fun to design for Indian and international celebrities. Indian celebrities also carry themselves really well and do justice to all our outfits, but at times when it comes to designing for them, there are a few restrictions in terms of the outfit being revealing, use of sheer in the outfit and the length of the outfit, which limits our creative freedom.
"Whereas in the West we don`t have any such restrictions so we can explore more in terms of designs, cuts and styles," Flaguni said.
However, the couple from the city of dreams do feel that Indian cinema is a huge inspiration for setting fashion trends here.
"Indian cinema and fashion have always gone hand in hand and in each time period, a fashion trend has evolved due to Indian cinema," said Shane.
Active since 2004, the designer duo created ripples in the markets outside the country by showcasing at various international fashion weeks and dressing celebrities like Madonna, Katy Perry, Fergie, Nicole Scherzinger, Cheryl Cole, Naomi Harris, Shakira and Beyonce Knowles.
Sonakshi Sinha, Kangana Ranaut, Jacqueline Fernandes, Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor add up to their Indian client list.
Lopez is said to be one of the biggest lovers of their designs as the international fashion icon has been seen in their clothes on many occasions.
The singer-actress performed in a custom made outfit by the Indian designers at the recently concluded Billboard 2014 Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she also received the Billboard Icon award.
Dressed in a sheer black net body suit with elaborate metallic gold and crystal work, JLo opened the show. The geometric and baroque detailing gave her an edgy punk-meets-classic old world appeal while she performed on "We are one (ole ola)" along with Cuban-American rapper Pitbull and Brazilian pop singer Claudia Leitte.
Days later, at the Kiss Concert 2014, Lopez was seen wearing the designer`s outfit as she performed on "On the floor".
Ask them about the experience working with the Latino star, Falguni said: "Jennifer Lopez has made her mark as a style icon and has always looked great in whatever she wears. She understands her body and also has the guts to take risks when it comes to fashion and style.
"She trusts us to create something which matches her design sensibility always and allows us to show our creative side to the fullest."
And will they ever make some Indian designs for her?
"We want to dress her in a sari but need to find the right occasion and time for it. With her kind of curves we think the fall of the sari would look gorgeous on her," said Shane.
Bold and audacious prints contribute to an integral part to the Peacock label. The Peacock label is a couture and luxury resort brand that is fast expanding beyond its horizons to a growing global brand of ever busy international fashionistas seeking stylish and multi-functional outfits.
According to the designers, "each collection reflects our philosophy of `life`s too short to blend in`. Confidence is the key to wearing our garments, or someone that has the creative initiative to balance their style with attitude."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood wishes love to Karan Johar on his birthday
- Nandita Das on Cannes recce to find producers for film on Manto
- Happy Birthday to the masterly Karan Johar!
- Anupam Kher rejoices 31 years in Bollywood
- Bollywood chants 'Mumbai Mumbai' as Mumbai Indians lift IPL crown
- First Look: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- Flights of imagination: An aeronautical engineer as a famous novelist
- Comic book king Stan Lee to come out with graphic memoir
- Julianna Margulies to author children's picture book
- Unfinished memoirs of Orson Welles found
- We are committed to fulfilling Dinkar ji's dreams: PM Modi
- Barbra Streisand's memoir to arrive in 2017
- Chelsea Clinton book 'It's Your World' coming
- British pianist wins right to publish memoirs of abuse
- Hungarian author wins Man Booker prize, edges out Amitav Ghosh
- William Shakespeare's real face appears in botany book
- Show is show, books are books: JRR Martin on 'Game of Thrones'
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy