Dhoti making way in Indian men`s fashion: Raghuvendra Rathore
New Delhi: Fashion designer Raghuvendra Rathore, who is known for experimenting with the traditional silhouettes, has now given a face-lift to men`s dhoti.
Rathore is set to introduce his bridal collection today at the India Bridal Fashion Week (IBFW). He feels dhoti is making its way back into Indian men`s wardrobe.
"India has recently witnessed the stand taken for traditional wear that is well respected in our society, whether it be at home or in a club. The dhoti is synonymous with reverence and is regaining its rightful place in the modern closet," he said.
Rathore, who has designed Fawad Khan`s look of a royal in Sonam Kapoor starrer `Khoobsurat` remake, will be teaming his regal bandhgala and achkan with the dhoti to make it more brand India.
He feels that designer these days are bringing a lot of experimentation in men`s wear too. "There is a lot of experimentation with men`s fashion in the wedding season. We are bringing the trend of patriotic clothing to the forefront. Designers today opt for carefully chosen elements that lead to interesting silhouettes like the longer waistcoats, tailcoat kurtas and buttonless jackets," he added.
Apart from clothing, Jodhpur-based Rathore has also ventured into accessory range with handmade belts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles
- Watch: THIS video will make you believe that Shah Rukh Khan can fly! Well, almost
- Here's what Krushna Abhishek has to say about 'competition' with Kapil Sharma! – Details inside
- Slow salute: Akshay Kumar praises brave constable for saving woman's life – Watch video
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn