Dia Mirza loves classic Indian jewellery
Mumbai: Actress Dia Mirza reveals she has an inclination towards traditional Indian jewellery and happily sports it wherever and whichever way she can.
"If you notice the kind of jewellery I wear, it could be diamonds, uncut diamonds, it could be gold, platinum whatever. I am more attracted towards classic style. I really enjoy traditional jewellery," the 30-year-old said here in an interview.
"So the older the piece looks, the more traditional the piece looks, the more excited it makes me," she added.
Asked who she thinks carries the Indian jewellery in the best way in Bollywood, the name that immediately crops up in Dia`s mind is yesteryear diva Rekha.
"I think when you talk about jewellery and grace, you instantly think of Rekhaji," said Dia, who was recently honoured as `Jewellery Style Icon` of the year at Retail Jeweller India Awards 2012.
"For years, my seniors and contemporaries have always looked up at her as the quintessential icon for jewellery and style and she is the real diva," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW