Didn`t want to wear the biggest dress at Oscars: Camila Alves
Los Angeles: Brazilian model and designer Camila Alves says she opted for the stunning but understated Gabriela Cadena gown at the Oscars because she did not want to show up in an attention grabbing big number.
The 31-year-old model, who was there to support her best actor-winning husband Matthew McConaughey, says she did not want spotlight on the awards night as she was not a nominee.
"I don`t necessarily feel comfortable showing up with the biggest dress of the night because I`m not one of the nominees," Alves said.
The model says she worked closey with the designer to nail down the gown`s shape and its pale pink colour.
"The wow factor means doing a silhouette that I`ve never done before... It took me a minute, but I love it!" Alves says.
"We wanted to stick with the natural colors, but I had this one tone that would not leave my mind. We were supposed to do it a different color, but last minute I called and said, `Do the dress in this color`. It was not leaving my mind." she said.
Alves` husband won the best actor award for his performance in the `Dallas Buyers Club`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Commando 2: Vidyut Jammwal takes excitement up a notch ahead of trailer release
- Sussanne Khan tweets about former husband Hrithik Roshan
- Shah Rukh Khan to travel to Delhi in train
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul has an interesting message for all Manveer Gurjar fans – Watch
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest pictures will make you say 'Battery Nahi Bolne Ka'