Didn`t want to wear the biggest dress at Oscars: Camila Alves
Los Angeles: Brazilian model and designer Camila Alves says she opted for the stunning but understated Gabriela Cadena gown at the Oscars because she did not want to show up in an attention grabbing big number.
The 31-year-old model, who was there to support her best actor-winning husband Matthew McConaughey, says she did not want spotlight on the awards night as she was not a nominee.
"I don`t necessarily feel comfortable showing up with the biggest dress of the night because I`m not one of the nominees," Alves said.
The model says she worked closey with the designer to nail down the gown`s shape and its pale pink colour.
"The wow factor means doing a silhouette that I`ve never done before... It took me a minute, but I love it!" Alves says.
"We wanted to stick with the natural colors, but I had this one tone that would not leave my mind. We were supposed to do it a different color, but last minute I called and said, `Do the dress in this color`. It was not leaving my mind." she said.
Alves` husband won the best actor award for his performance in the `Dallas Buyers Club`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!