Don`t go for haircut after breakup: Alexa Chung
London: Model-TV presenter Alexa Chung says women shouldn`t change their hairstyle after breaking up with a partner because they aren`t in a "fit state" to make long-term decisions.
"Hair is so linked to how we feel and everyone goes for something radical after a break-up. But my advice if you`ve just suffered heartbreak or you`ve broken up with someone is to not touch your hair," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Chung as saying.
"It`s the first thing women do, but you`re not in a fit state to make decisions that are long term. You`ll have to spend the next four years growing it out. Don`t have a fringe cut. Don`t bleach it. Don`t do anything because you`ll live to regret it," she added.
The 29-year-old also says that that she can predict her friends` state of mind after looking at their hair.
She also cited an example of pop star Britney Spears`s post-split hair disaster, after the singer shaved her head following her breakup from husband Kevin Federline in 2007.
"When my friends are heartbroken I can tell that they`re sad; their hair just starts looking a bit forlorn. Like when Britney Spears got sad and shaved of her hair. That`s the ultimate warning - heed that. If you`re not feeling good, don`t do anything to your hair," Chung mentioned in a feature for Style magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH