Don`t mix fashion with politics: Marc Jacobs
London: Fashion designer Marc Jacobs, who recently lent support to gay rights and US President Barack Obama`s re-election campaign, says it could be a bad idea to mix fashion and politics.
"I guess with politics and fashion, you`ve always got to be a bit careful because somebody`s going to get offended or somebody`s going to feel it is not right," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 49-year-old as saying.
"I don`t want to sound stupid or ignorant or anything, but I spend my time in the studio choosing fabric and colours and trying to figure out what we`re going to make. If you want to avoid controversy, you just don`t do political things like that," he added.
Marc Jacobs is currently the creative director for luxury brand Louis Vuitton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!