Dravid to walk the ramp for Rajasthan Fashion Week?
Jaipur: The Pink City is all set to host its first ever fashion week and the three-day Rajasthan Fashion Week (RJW) extravaganza promises a heady mix of creativity, innovativeness, business and glamour when it kicks off Thursday.
Organisers Raahul Dhyani and Sharad Patel of VCS Events and Entertainment Pvt Ltd feel that the Indian fashion industry needs innovation and that the event will pave new paths.
"The Indian fashion industry needs diversification and innovation to generate greater business opportunities both within the country and globally.
"Several international buyers have shown interest in the Indian market. RFW aims at leveraging from this interest and celebrating fashion in India in a big way and opening newer roads in the business of fashion," the duo said in a joint statement.
The first season of the RFW will have as many as 30 national and international designers participating in it. Some of the names include Vikram Phadnis, Shaahid Amir, Lina Tipnis and Rohit Verma. German designer Julia Bruchwitz, known for her couture collection, will also take part in the event.
Bollywood celebrities Vivek Oberoi, Zayed Khan, Rannvijay Singh, Riya Sen and Payal Rohatgi are expected to dazzle on the ramp and jazz up the event.
Renowned jewellery houses and accessory designers are expected to add bling and colour to the show.
If things go as planned, star cricketer Rahul Dravid is likely to walk the ramp for designer duo Rohit and Abhishek.
Why choose Rajasthan as the venue?
"We want to revive Rajasthan as the next big fashion hub in the international fashion industry. RFW will definitely be an enriching experience for all those who are involved with the fashion week and I am sure the result will help to boost the Indian fashion industry," said Dhyani.
Achla Sachdev, a regular name at the Lakme Fashion Week, will choreograph the shows.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rohit Roy reveals he was offered huge money to enter 'Bigg Boss' as contestant
- 'Jolly LL.B 2' trailer 2: Akshay Kumar brings forward intense side of legal system
- Jallikattu row: Kamal Haasan appeals for calm, says 'none can take away your rights'
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra