Dresses with Oprah Winfrey`s face sparks controversies
Wellington: Designer Peggy Noland has sparked controversies by superimposing a photo of Oprah Winfrey`s head onto black female bodies adorning floor-length dresses.
The LA-based designer made the range of dresses and T-shirts as a response to the red carpet question, "Who are you wearing?"
Though, according to the website, the designer intended for the wearers to answer "Oprah" and chuckle about it, but on the contrary something annoying turned out.
Noland has essentially ripped off the 58-year-old media proprietor`s name and image for profit, with no regard to her view on the matter, according to Stuff.co.nz.
She maintains that they are pieces of art, but that hasn`t stopped her from selling them online and even offering tips on how to wear them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India
- Deepika Padukone aces her monochrome look like a fashion pro!
- Make-up must haves in your kitty!
- Wedding special: Dear men, ace Nawabi look this season
- Vishnu Raj Menon wins Peter England Mr India 2016, Hrithik Roshan feels 'inspired'