Eva Mendes wore fake glasses as a teen to look smart
London: Actress Eva Mendes says she was so desperate to wear glasses as a child, she stared at the sun in an effort to damage her eyesight.
The 39-year-old actress started needing prescription spectacles two years ago, and said she has harboured a life-long desire to wear glasses in a bid to look smart, reported Daily Star.
"I started to need reading glasses two years ago but the funny thing is I used to want glasses so badly when I was little that I actually used to stare at the sun to damage my sight.
"I was obsessed with looking smart. I also went through a stage in junior high where I would wear non-prescription reading glasses and then I got caught out one day so I stopped that because I felt like a phoney. So as of two years ago I just started needing them. I love them. Wearing glasses adds and instant quirk and elegance," Mendes said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy
- Harshvardhan Kapoor as Bhavesh Joshi – prosthetics and lots more
- Akshay Kumar shares first look of ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ and its might impressive
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India
- Deepika Padukone aces her monochrome look like a fashion pro!
- Make-up must haves in your kitty!
- Wedding special: Dear men, ace Nawabi look this season
- Vishnu Raj Menon wins Peter England Mr India 2016, Hrithik Roshan feels 'inspired'