Eva Mendes wore fake glasses as a teen to look smart
London: Actress Eva Mendes says she was so desperate to wear glasses as a child, she stared at the sun in an effort to damage her eyesight.
The 39-year-old actress started needing prescription spectacles two years ago, and said she has harboured a life-long desire to wear glasses in a bid to look smart, reported Daily Star.
"I started to need reading glasses two years ago but the funny thing is I used to want glasses so badly when I was little that I actually used to stare at the sun to damage my sight.
"I was obsessed with looking smart. I also went through a stage in junior high where I would wear non-prescription reading glasses and then I got caught out one day so I stopped that because I felt like a phoney. So as of two years ago I just started needing them. I love them. Wearing glasses adds and instant quirk and elegance," Mendes said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya
- I can't talk about 'Half Girlfriend' script: Kriti Sanon
- Hrithik lauds Deepika, Ranbir for 'Tamasha'
- Ranbir-Deepika 'Tamasha' mints Rs 10.87 crore on opening day