Eye makeup: Wear it right
London: Who doesn`t want to flaunt smokey eyes, but unfortunately they don`t work for everyone. So the trick is to find out the right makeup that suits your eyes, otherwise a fashion statement can turn into a fashion faux paus.
Whether your eyes are too small, too big, too close or too far apart, you need to tweak your makeup to enhance your eyes` shape, reports vogue.in.
Here`s how you can go with the suitable makeup for your eye:
- For almond shaped eyes like Aishwarya Rai: You can`t really go wrong with this eye shape. Smoky shadows, graphic lines, bold colours - feel free to play.
- For down turned eyes like Katrina Kaif: Sometimes it`s genetics, sometimes it`s the result of age and the weakening of eye muscles, but if the outer corners of your eyes tend to droop, a cat-eye with an exaggerated upward flick is the easiest way to offset the down turned shape.
- For deep-set eyes like Sridevi: You don`t need to contour the crease because it will be quite defined already. As tempted as you may be, avoid dark smoky eyes, they give your eyes a more sunken appearance. To make them pop, use light shadows with shimmers and pearlescent sheens that`ll catch the light on the lid and below the brow bone.
- For hooded eyes like Blake Lively: If you can barely see the lid when you open your eyes, you know you have hooded eyes. Most shadow styles work with this type of eye shape, but pay extra attention to your top lash line and lash base. Amp those up generously with volumising mascara. Extend the colour you use in the crease all the way to the eyebrow to create a more definite shape.
- For close-set eyes like Kareena Kapoor: If the inner corners of your eyes are very close to the bridge of your nose, you need to focus on the outer corners. Here`s where you apply your darker/brighter shadows and pull them out. Open up the inner corners with light, highlighting shadows.
- For wide-set eyes like Alia Bhatt: Here you do the opposite of the above. Dark shades should be focused on the inner corners and blended out to lighter hues on the outer corners.
- For prominent eyes like Deepika Padukone: If your eyes are the boldest feature on your face, go easy on the eye makeup. Contour subtly and use matte shadows close to your skin tone. Play up your lips with a bright pout to balance it out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Mangeshkar sisters have to say about Tanmay Bhat's controversial video!
- Play this quiz to know if your are really that smart!
- Oh Bond! Daniel Craig to work with THIS Bollywood director?
- Shocking! Here's the 'strange' connection between Salman Khan’s 'Sultan' and Aamir Khan’s 'Dangal'!
- Leaked? Anushka Sharma's FIRST LOOK from 'Phillauri'!
- Smoking hot! Shraddha Kapoor’s look on the cover of Filmfare is captivating
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion