Fan of classic looks, Sonam Kapoor imitated Madhubala`s sari
New Delhi: As the Indian Cinema celebrates 100 years of its existence Bollywood actresses and fashionista Sonam Kapoor shared her love for classic look and said she copied legendary Madhubala`s sari from a song for an event.
"There was a sari of Madhubala from `Achcha ji main haari...`, I actually copied that sari for Filmfare`s press conference," Sonam said.
"It was a very simple and elegant blue sari with black border. The blouse had three-fourth sleeves and the back had black buttons on the right," she added.
Madhubala wore the sari with a brooch and accessorised it with a small batua.
The 27-year-old Sonam, known for unbeatble style statements, wore the sari likewise with a vintage hair-do, a wrist watch and a black batua. She was even wearing red lipstick, Madhubala trademark.
She said: “Madhubala was one of the first few people to wear fresh make-up, so she did not do too much of eyes, etc. and she used to wear red lips, which I think is quite incredible."
The ‘Ayesha’ actress is also a fan of Meena Kumari`s dressing style. She said that Meena Kumari was very particular about how she dressed and had certain “style and nazaakat” seen in movies like ‘Pakeezah’.
Sonam said she also loved Waheeda Rehman`s classic and elegant look and at the same time she was a big fan of Zeenat Aman`s sexy avatar.
Sonam`s other favourite style divas from black and white era and the coloured classic years are - Sadhana, Sharmila Tagore, Smita Patil and Shabana Azmi. She likes them as they brought new trends in the industry.
"Sadhana`s hairstyle in her movies gave way to a new haircut (still know as Sadhana cut)," said Sonam.
"The fashion of stick-out liner was given way by Sharmila Tagore. And Smita Patil and Shabana Azmi brought the rusty India in limelight," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic