New York: Women in their forties can invest in a chic and expensive handbag or opt for leather gloves to look age-appropriate.
Here’s a list of fashion items that should be in every 40-year-old`s closet, reports huffingtonpost.com:
- A nice handbag: Spoil yourself and buy an expensive handbag that is hard to justify. You earned it.
- An evening coat: A coat that looks appropriate with a fancy dress and heels should be in your closet for sure.
- Diamonds: They don`t need to be huge, but something that can sparkle your day.
- Leather gloves: They always look more polished and professional than a knit pair. Also, they don`t get pulls. So, they won`t need to be replaced frequently.
- A variety of slips: Make sure you have slips of all different lengths to go underneath your sheer clothes.
- A lounging robe: Robes made of silk and jersey can be worn while you are at home.
- A checkbook-sized wallet: The older we get, the more cards we end up collecting. A small purse just won`t do it.