Fashion helped me boost my confidence: Jessica Chastain
London: `Zero Dark Thirty` star Jessica Chastain has revealed that the fashion world helped her boost her confidence and transformed her into a more daring person.
The 36-year-old actress, who was criticized for her unique fashion sense previously, said she opted for a tomboy look in a bid to stand out when she realised that she was not going to fit in, reported Contactmusic.
"I grew up in Sacramento in northern California. People teased me about the colour of my hair and my freckles.
"At the time I started to read Vogue, I cut my hair short, I started wearing cowboy boots and experimenting with different tomboy looks," she said.
The actress is now the face of Yves Saint Laurent`s ad campaign for their Manifesto fragrance.
"I have always been a fan of the Saint Laurent house, for its audacity and the emphasis it places on individuality... My love story with YSL perfumes goes back to my high school years.
"My aunt used to wear Opium and she gave me a bottle with a little bit left in it. I felt very glamorous and grown up when I put a few drops on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing