Fashion should celebrate diversity: Michael Kors
London: Designer Michael Kors thinks that the modelling industry should celebrate diversity.
The 54-year-old American designer has revealed that he deliberately chooses girls with wide-ranging looks and ethnicities so that his shows do not become boring, reported Contactmusic.
"I like the idea of models that can be chameleons. I don`t like it when the models all look the same. To me it`s so incredibly boring to turn them into mannequins, it`s so much more interesting if we have different ages, ethnicities, body types, heights.
"We run the gamut from Frankie Rayder who`s in her late thirties and Karen Elson, to girls that are just starting out who are 17; we go from the fairest of the fair to the darkest complexions," he said.
His comments came in the wake of Naomi Campbell and Iman`s condemnation of the racist practises in the fashion industry.
Kors also believes it is important for a model to have the personality to match her strong look. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly