Fashionistas McCartney and Westwood honoured by PETA
Los Angeles: Fashion designers Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood`s environmentally-friendly stylish creations won them a People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) honour.
The group recently launched its first-ever Vegan Fashion Awards, and Paul McCartney`s daughter landed the honour for most stylish women`s shoes, while Westwood picked up the prize for most stylish handbag, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Actress Sadie Frost and socialite Meg Mathews were the judges.
Frost was impressed with the winners` efforts.
"My two greatest passions are fashion and helping animals, so I was thrilled when PETA asked me to help judge their fashion awards. It`s phenomenal how many retailers and top designers are using pleather, micro-suede and faux cashmere in their collections, and the quality is amazing. The new fabrics are kinder not only to animals but also to the environment," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired