FHM apologises to androgynous model Andrej Pejic for femiman insult
Melbourne: ‘For him’ magazine that had named the androgynous male model Andrej Pejic as the 98th sexiest woman in the world has apologized for referring to the Aussie model as a ‘thing’ online.
On the model’s online profile, posted on FHM``s website, the 19-year-old was unkindly referred to as a ‘blonde gender bender’, a ‘professional cross-dresser’ and a ‘thing’.
“Although his sexual identity is ambiguous, designers are hailing him as the next big thing. Why we love Andrej Pejic,” the Age magazine reported the author as writing earlier under the heading.
“We think ‘thing’ is quite accurate ... Pass the sick bucket,” the author had added.
Although the profile was removed, a blogger had saved a screenshot of the blurb, which the US media branded ‘despicable’.
Nearly a month after it first appeared, FHM has published an apology to Pejic, blaming a sub editing slip.
“Regrettably the copy accompanying Andrej``s online entry wasn``t subbed prior to going live,” ‘FHM’ magazine wrote.
“Once we realised, we removed it immediately and apologised for any offence caused.
“FHM has spoken to the individual concerned and taken steps to ensure this can never happen again,” it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees' NEW POSTER will blow your mind!
- Katrina Kaif: Society fails to recognise marital rape as a crime; women must speak up!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Ranveer Singh was in 'Befikre' even before Aditya Chopra! Here's the truth
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!