Fingernails glow when you make a call!
Tokyo: You will soon have fingernails that would glow as you call someone.
A Japanese firm has unveiled fingernails that light up when you make a call.
You just need to pick up Android-powered smart phone to set your fingers glowing.
Building on the immense popularity of manicure art - where small gem-like stones are stuck on the nail - a Japanese toy firm Takara Tomy ARTS has developed a micro-thin LED sticker.
The 'LumiDecoNail' uses a technology called Near Field Communication.
In this, small amounts of power are transferred very short distances to communicate with a smart phone.
It also flashes whenever the wearer uses an electronic money card.
The product would go on sale in Japan next week, with a set of 16 nail stickers, one of which contains the LED.
“I am now wearing it on the middle finger of my right hand. It blinks whenever I pass through train gates, which lifts my heart a bit,” a company press release said.
The company would consider marketing the cosmetic product overseas after seeing how consumers in Japan react.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired