First edition of Gurgaon Fashion Week to begin from April 17
New Delhi: The inaugural edition of Gurgaon Fashion Week will focus on bridal finery, bringing the finest names from the designing world under one roof.
The four-day event will begin from April 17 at Galaxy Hotel Gurgaon.
With 16 shows, the designer labels on the list include Ritu Kumar, Pooja and Urvika, 09 by Janhavi Gupta, Reet/Homesaaz by Kaveri Batla, Kavita Tulsiani, Umaarth by Shagun among others.
"The Gurgaon Fashion Week 2014 boosts the retail marketing for designers for their latest innovations all over India. It brings established and emerging designers on the same platform to converge on ideas of charting the path of sustainable growth for the fashion industry," Rina Chaturvedi, Head of Operations, GWF 2014 said in a statement.
"The GFW also creates a window of exposure for not only designers and retailers but even models, make-up artists, hair stylists, choreographers and manufacturers in raising professional standards."
The event plans to become a bi-annual event with a summer and winter edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly