Forget pleats, pallu: Try concept saris
New Delhi: Draping a sari is an art which is also time consuming, but donning designer duo Ankur and Priyanka Modi`s concept nine-yard could be fun for anyone.
Ankur and Priyanka have been known for creating easy to wear ensembles and their label AM:PM is keenly focused on wearability, comfort and style. They carry it forward with the concept saris.
“Conceptualised around the label`s signature, the saris have been `pre-draped`, making them formal and exotic yet drastically minimizing the time to individually drape and wear them,” the designers said in a joint statement.
Fabrics like satin-georgettes and crepe de chine have been used to give saris fluidity.
The duo have teamed up their saris with waistcoat and jacket style blouses which can also be worn with palazzo pants and multi-layered skirts.
For jackets and waistcoats, the designers have used elaborate prints and artwork.
The price range for the saris starts from Rs.26,800 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!