Four designers to promote handwoven fashion
Hyderabad: Award winning designer Gaurang Shah and three other designers from Mumbai and Kolkata will showcase exquisite Indian weaves luxury collection at `Gulaal`, a two-day display starting in Delhi March 14.
Shah from Hyderabad, Mira Sagar from Mumbai and Duo Rumi and Bappaditya of Bai-lou studio of Kolkata have come together for the show, which seeks to promote hand woven fashion as well as celebrate the richness and glory of Indian textiles, said a statement released here Sunday.
These emerging and independent textile designers from the south, west and east of India are known for using organic textiles, natural fibres, vintage detailing and sleek tailoring.
"I`m showcasing a vibrant collection of my jamdani weaves that took months for me and my weavers to create," said Gaurang.
The self-made designer uses the services of more than 500 weavers across India to bring life into his sari collections.
"I think such convergence of designers has immense potential for a lot more creativity and appeal." said Mira Sagar of Vaya, who is known for transforming the look of Maheshwari saris.
"Gulaal is a good way to showcase the integrity in Indian weaves, and I`m excited," said Duo Rumi, who with Bappaditya will showcase Abir saris, the swadeshi fabric inspired from the thick cottons woven during the Indian independence movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Monalisa opens up about her televised marriage with Vikrant Singh
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- My fashion sense was quite outrageous: Kangana Ranaut