Four new faces to shine at Lakme Fashion Week 2013
New Delhi: The upcoming Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer/Resort 2013 will launch four new models on the runway.
The fresh faces - Pallavi Singh, Bhumika Arora, Radhika Nair and Sangya Lakhanpal - have been finalised after 75 aspiring models were auditioned from all over the country for the fashion extravaganza, to be held March 22-26.
Each face is full of poise and beauty, says Purnima Lamba, head (Lakme), Innovations.
"This season`s auditions attracted several exciting new faces and I`m happy that we were able to discover models with the poise and elegance worthy of the runway at Lakme Fashion Week. Each of these models represents the confidence, creativity and beauty that Lakme as a brand stands for," Lamba said.
They were chosen after three strict stages of auditions with a panel of nine judges in each round. The panel included names like Katrina Kaif, Mugdha Godse, Yana Gupta, Frieda Pinto, Miss Earth 2010 Nicole Faria and Miss India World 2011 Kanishta Dhankar.
The final jury panel comprised a mix of LFW advisory board members, fashion experts and stalwarts of the Indian fashion industry - among them designer Neeta Lulla; show directors Anu Ahuja, Lubna Adams and Alison Kanuga; columnist Nonita Kalra; and Shalini Raghavan, marketing manager, Lakme.
"Lakme Fashion Week is the country`s premier fashion event. This season will see four young and talented models shine on the runway for the first time. They are contemporary, confident and have the right attitude to bring a designer`s creation to life," Saket Dhankar, head (Fashion), IMG Reliance, said in a statement.
Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013 will be held March 22-26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly