Freida Pinto supports designer Varun Bahl at Couture week
New Delhi: Actress Freida Pinto cheered designer Varun Bahl from the front row as he showcased his freedom inspired collection at the PCJ Delhi Couture Week. Before taking her seat, the ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ star walked down the runway to unveil a brand new sports car from Audi along with the company head Michael Perschke.
Dressed in a grey and white mini from Varun`s collection, Freida said she loved the designer`s new collection because of its wearability.
"I love Varun`s collection. Indian wear can be very loud but his collection was light and elegant. It was very me especially the saree gowns. They were beautiful. I would definitely wear it to a wedding or to any big occasion," Freida said.
Varun`s collection was titled `Flight`. The bird motif, a recurring element through the collection, signified the freedom of the idea of couture from traditional cliches. In this collection, he mixed his signature embroideries with modern silhouettes.
"While the general consensus on Indian couture tends toward bridal wear, I decided to take it to dressing not only the bride but her family as well. I have explored transitional dressing. The saree gown replaces the cocktail drape, and the anarkali dress becomes a day wear option," Varun said.
The motifs, the inspiration behind the name of the collection, have been derived from exotic birds and their habitats. The fabrics used were silk, chiffon, georgette, wool crepe, bubble crepe, organza, tulle and velvet.
The colour palette was typically French combinations, highlighted by the use of black along with classic Indian tones like fuchsia, yellow, red and pistachio. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic