Freida Pinto supports designer Varun Bahl at Couture week
New Delhi: Actress Freida Pinto cheered designer Varun Bahl from the front row as he showcased his freedom inspired collection at the PCJ Delhi Couture Week. Before taking her seat, the ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ star walked down the runway to unveil a brand new sports car from Audi along with the company head Michael Perschke.
Dressed in a grey and white mini from Varun`s collection, Freida said she loved the designer`s new collection because of its wearability.
"I love Varun`s collection. Indian wear can be very loud but his collection was light and elegant. It was very me especially the saree gowns. They were beautiful. I would definitely wear it to a wedding or to any big occasion," Freida said.
Varun`s collection was titled `Flight`. The bird motif, a recurring element through the collection, signified the freedom of the idea of couture from traditional cliches. In this collection, he mixed his signature embroideries with modern silhouettes.
"While the general consensus on Indian couture tends toward bridal wear, I decided to take it to dressing not only the bride but her family as well. I have explored transitional dressing. The saree gown replaces the cocktail drape, and the anarkali dress becomes a day wear option," Varun said.
The motifs, the inspiration behind the name of the collection, have been derived from exotic birds and their habitats. The fabrics used were silk, chiffon, georgette, wool crepe, bubble crepe, organza, tulle and velvet.
The colour palette was typically French combinations, highlighted by the use of black along with classic Indian tones like fuchsia, yellow, red and pistachio. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn