Gaga gifted Judy Garland`s `Oz` slippers
London: Lady Gaga got a long coveted present on her 25th birthday, the ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland in the 1939 hit `Wizard of Oz`.
The `Poker Face` hitmaker was so pleased by the gift from her manager that she made them a prop in her sold out LA gig, reported Sun online.
Gaga told fans how she once lost out on the role of Dorothy to the school bully.
"I wanted to be Dorothy so bad. I was in 8th grade and she was a senior. I definitely deserved to get it, but I didn`t get it. I was one of the people in the chorus, the worst role. On behalf of myself and all of those bullied around the world, now these ruby slippers are mine," said the Grammy winning singer.
"When you don`t feel like Dorothy today, maybe you feel like someone on the chorus or the Scarecrow, just know you will have opportunities in your real life to change things and maybe someone will hand you a pair of ruby slippers," said Gaga.
Five pairs of the red shoes were made for Garland for the film. One fetched USD 150,000 in an auction in 1988 and another pair will be auctioned again by Christie`s next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!