Gaga gifted Judy Garland`s `Oz` slippers
London: Lady Gaga got a long coveted present on her 25th birthday, the ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland in the 1939 hit `Wizard of Oz`.
The `Poker Face` hitmaker was so pleased by the gift from her manager that she made them a prop in her sold out LA gig, reported Sun online.
Gaga told fans how she once lost out on the role of Dorothy to the school bully.
"I wanted to be Dorothy so bad. I was in 8th grade and she was a senior. I definitely deserved to get it, but I didn`t get it. I was one of the people in the chorus, the worst role. On behalf of myself and all of those bullied around the world, now these ruby slippers are mine," said the Grammy winning singer.
"When you don`t feel like Dorothy today, maybe you feel like someone on the chorus or the Scarecrow, just know you will have opportunities in your real life to change things and maybe someone will hand you a pair of ruby slippers," said Gaga.
Five pairs of the red shoes were made for Garland for the film. One fetched USD 150,000 in an auction in 1988 and another pair will be auctioned again by Christie`s next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra to appear on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ again – WATCH teaser
- Deepika Padukone teaches James Corden the Lungi dance – WATCH super fun video
- Shah Rukh Khan talks about working with Salman Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan works mostly with Yash Raj Films and Dharma Productions – Here’s why
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty