Gararas return as casual wear
New Delhi: Move over linen pants and make way for lighter and modern version of traditional gararas as a casual wear.
In olden times too, garara was used as a daily wear costume by women, but later it went out of fashion and occasionally people were seen flaunting embellished gararas at weddings or festivals.
Though the heavier version can still be kept for special occasions, the lighter ones designed by Ambreen Khan can be added to your dailywear wardrobe.
Courtyard Collection by Ambreen Khan has revived the dying tradition of five-metre garara by blending old craft from Avadh with contemporary prints and embroideries to make it more appealing to the modern woman.
For instance, lace has been used with traditional embroidery in a contemporary idiom.
The fabrics used for the collection are cotton and mals. Its price ranges from Rs.8,000 to Rs.15,000.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Willow: where street food meets exotic taste in a cafe setting
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- 'Jai Gangaajal' is my way of protesting, says Prakash Jha
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam