Gaultier’s show infuriates Winehouse’s father
London: Mitch Winehouse, father of Amy Winehouse, has accused fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier of cashing in on the late singer`s death by using her as the inspiration for his latest catwalk show.
The French designer paid tribute to the late "Back to Black" hitmaker during his show at Paris Fashion Week Wednesday by sending his models down the runway sporting the Winehouse`s iconic beehive hairstyle and heavy eyeliner. Several girls were also smoking cigarettes as they strutted down the catwalk.
Mitch described how his mourning family was left in "shock" after seeing the late singer`s image used "wholesale" for profit.
"The family was upset to see those pictures, they were a total shock. We`re still grieving for her loss, and we`ve had a difficult week with the six-month anniversary of Amy`s death. To see her image lifted wholesale to sell clothes was a wrench we were not expecting or consulted on," telegraph.co.uk quoted Mitch as saying.
"We`re proud of her influence on fashion but find black veils on models, smoking cigarettes with a barbershop quartet singing her music in bad taste...No one asked us for permission or offered to make a donation to the foundation. This is purely about Gaultier making money, and that`s wrong," he added.
Winehouse died July last year at the age of 27 after drinking too much alcohol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn