Gaurang`s creations are timeless, inventive: Sonam Kapoor
Chennai: Bollywood diva Sonam Kapoor, who has shot for a forthcoming episode for television show `Comedy Nights with Kapil` wearing a hand-woven Anarkali lehenga by fashion designer Gaurang Shah, says his creations are eternal and creative.
Sonam`s khadi Anarkali with Kanjeevaram border and matching Kanjeevaram dupatta was inspired by 16th century temple art.
"For me, wearing Gaurang`s clothes celebrate what I love most about fashion. Taking the traditional and making it your own. His clothes are inventive, unpredictable but at the same time rooted, everything that he creates has a timeless and relevant signature," Sonam said in a statement.
This is the second time in recent months that Sonam Kapoor opted to wear a Gaurang label for a big event. For her last film`s promotions Sonam wore Gaurang`s Gulbadan ethnic ensemble.
Gaurang feels encouraged when a star endorses Indian heritage fashion.
"It is indeed an encouragement that Indian heritage fashion is endorsed by style ambassadors like Sonam Kapoor. It will help bolster innovation in hand-woven fashion as well as build high level of confidence about wearing them at each and every occasion," Gaurang said.
"When she came up to me and said that she wanted to wear something that is very distinctive and ethnic with a touch of modernity for the show, my first thought was to craft a beautiful blue Anarkali and she loved it," he added.
Gaurang will unveil a collection of 18 Chandbali, a unique collection of hand-woven Banarasi sarees and dresses, at the Lakme India fashion week summer fest 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did Sofia Hayat actually say, "I know I gave birth to Shiva"?
- 24 years, 24 women, 24 lessons: Shah Rukh Khan sums up his Bollywood journey so far!
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 604—Tanushree plans a conspiracy to denigrate Pragya
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic
- Mandira Bedi’s sexy bikini ‘saree’ will give you serious fashion goals – See pics