Gauri and Nainika unveil the party loving bride at IBFW
New Delhi: Staying away from the traditional lehengas and sarees, designer duo Gauri and Nainika introduced the fun and party animal bride through their wedding collection on the opening day of India Bridal Fashion Week (IBFW).
The collection featured clothes in the designers favourite three colours ? Black, white and red - which were used in monochrome, bichrome and trichromatic palette.
The silhouettes were contemporary with the likes of short pencil dresses with racer backs, hipster skirts, one shoulder gowns, flared dresses, short dresses with ruffles, mermaid gowns which were teamed with bondage and criss-cross straps.
"Being an Indian bride today is not just about donning exquisite traditional Indian clothing like lehengas, sarees and suits.
Wedding are also about big parties. We get a lot of orders from brides who want us to design something for a pre-wedding or post wedding party. So we thought of bringing that element in our wedding collection this year," Gauri said. The line was minimalist and contemporary and the main fabric used to create the designs was neoprene which was combined with tulle.
Though the clothes comprised sharp, clean and straight lines, there was also an element of movement in the garments.
Bollywood celebrities were absent from the front row as well as the ramp but fellow designers Rohit Bal, Suneet Verma, Tarun Tahiliani among others cheered Gauri and Nainika from the sidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Justin Bieber wants to 'settle down' with Nicola Peltz?
- A leading US daily calls Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar a 'so-called playback singer'
- Juhi Chawla visits young cancer patients
- 'Splitsvilla 9': Here’s what you can expect from the brand new season
- Aditi Rao Hydari to learn Tamil for Mani Ratnam's film
- Smoking hot! Shraddha Kapoor’s look on the cover of Filmfare is captivating
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion