Gear up for Shruti Sancheti`s ode to silk at LFW
New Delhi: Designer Shruti Sancheti will pay an ode to the glorious and sumptuous fibre Silk at the forthcoming Lakme Fashion Week, starting Aug 20.
She will unveil her collection titled Strands Of Silk, which will show festive colour palette splashed with warm shades like crimson, vermilion, cherry, carmine, wine, aubergine, burnt orange, saffron, alphanso, fuschia, and indigo blue on Textile Day at the four-day gala.
Sancheti has indulged in Benarasi fabric, woven intricately with zari along with Pochampali, a distinguished complex weave, to add a pan Indian flavour to her creations.
Apart from the Benarsi fabric, variants of silks like raw, cotton, and woven have also been used along with makhmal as variants to add character to the rich line.
"My collection is meant for the vivacious women who celebrates her unsurpassed legacy of textiles and craftsmanship and yet has a voguish approach to fashion; who believes in timeless clothes yet is trendy and believes in understated luxury and restrained opulence and rejoices and celebrates her festivities to the fullest," Sancheti said in a statement.
As far as the style is concerned, she is offering sharara jumpsuits, half crop half chuga jacket, pallazo pants, circular and pleated anarkali`s along with various constructed jackets and blouses.
Detailing like tucks, ribs, pleating along with customised wrought iron hangings and buttons and detachable hand embroidered jewellery give the garments a contemporary twist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!