Geri Halliwell supports coat campaign for elderly
London: Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell has thrown her weight behind a campaign to help the elderly facing a freezing festive period this year.
The 39-year-old singer is following in the footsteps of Helen Mirren, Daniel Craig and opera star Katherine Jenkins, who have all handed over items to the Donate A Coat
initiative, Contactmusic reported.
Halliwell has donated a black puffer jacket, and the items will be auctioned off later this month in aid of Age UK.
"Chilly out there isn`t it. Are you snuggled up and cosy?
"I know this sweet little old lady - she`s 90 and she`s cold, can you help her? She looked after someone like you once, now it`s your chance to look after her. To help her, you can either donate a coat or bid on some of the coats on offer. I hope you`ll get involved in this great campaign." she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark
- Istanbul terror attacks: Celebrities condemn brutal act
- Sushant Singh Rajput all set to travel to moon! - Here's how
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani teamed up for 'Befikra' because of THIS actor?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic