German football club bans stars from getting tattoos
Berlin: A top German football club has banned its players from getting tattoos, saying it could hamper the performances of players on the pitch.
Werder Bremen believes that the discomfort following tattooing, combined with the risks of infection, could affect players’ performances on the field, the Daily Mail reports.
Bremen``s goalkeeper Tim Wiese, midfielder Marko Arnautovic and defender Naldo all have considerable numbers of ``tats.``
Now, according to the new rules they won’t be allowed to get any more tattoos.
Last season Hamburg, a rival of Werder Bremen, sidelined 24-year-old striker Eljero Elia after one of his tattoos went septic, the paper said.
At times, the pain was so bad he was even unable to wear his strip during training sessions, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors
- Deepika Padukone sits pretty in the front row at New York Fashion Week for Michael Kors!
- French Vogue to feature transgender model Valentina Sampaio for the first time