German football club bans stars from getting tattoos
Berlin: A top German football club has banned its players from getting tattoos, saying it could hamper the performances of players on the pitch.
Werder Bremen believes that the discomfort following tattooing, combined with the risks of infection, could affect players’ performances on the field, the Daily Mail reports.
Bremen``s goalkeeper Tim Wiese, midfielder Marko Arnautovic and defender Naldo all have considerable numbers of ``tats.``
Now, according to the new rules they won’t be allowed to get any more tattoos.
Last season Hamburg, a rival of Werder Bremen, sidelined 24-year-old striker Eljero Elia after one of his tattoos went septic, the paper said.
At times, the pain was so bad he was even unable to wear his strip during training sessions, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!