Gisele Bundchen named world`s highest-paid model
Los Angeles: Gisele Bundchen has been named the world`s highest-paid model for seven consecutive years this year with estimated USD 42 million in earnings.
The list compiled by Forbes magazine, named Bundchen on the top, defeating Victoria`s Secret models Miranda Kerr and Adriana Lima.
According to the list, the Brazilian model earned an estimated USD 42 million, while her closest competitor, Kerr, only cashed in USD 7.2 million in earnings.
Most of the Brazilian model`s income comes from merchandising partnerships which include a lingerie line and some accessory collections.
The 32-year-old mother, who welcomed her second child with football player husband Tom Brady earlier this year, also ventures into beauty care business with her Sejaa company, in addition to multi-year contracts for Pantene, Oral-B and Sky HDTV campaigns.
Kerr collected approximately USD 7.2 million in earnings from her contracts with Victoria`s Secret, Mango, David Jones, Lipton and Qantas. In addition to the campaigns, Orlando Bloom`s wife owns a beauty product line Kora Organics.
Adriana Lima is on the third place with an estimated USD 6 million in earnings. Lima, who has been Victoria`s Secret Angel since 2000, receives most of the amount from her contract with the lingerie company. In addition, she endorses brands such as Miu Miu, Donna Karan, Mavi Jeans and Metrocity.
Forbes` team estimated the earnings from the models` editorial shoots, independent licensing ventures, spokesperson gigs and contracts from beauty and fashion companies from June 2012 to June 2013. Kate Moss and Chinese supermodel Liu Wen close the top five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's high time we respond to terrorism: John Abraham
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- Nidhhi Agerwal to be on strict diet for 'Munna Michael'
- Salman Khan backs Pakistani actors, says artistes are not terrorists
- 'Pink' box office collection! Amitabh Bachchan starrer courtroom drama inching towards Rs 60 cr
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn