Global Desi makes international debut
New Delhi: Global Desi, the India inspired colourful boho chic brand, has gone international with a store in Mauritius.
Located in Bagatelle Mall, the store is spread across 1100 sq ft and has jumpsuits, graphic print skirts, dresses, colourful tunics, maxis and more on display.
A brainchild of designer Anita Dongre, Global Desi was founded in 2007. Currently the brand has 48 stand alone stores in the country and a presence across 130 multi-brand outlets including Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle and Central.
"It is so exciting to see Global Desi beginning to reach out to fashionistas the world over. The brand is designed with a universal appeal which makes the wearer fashionable anywhere in the world. It’s this philosophy that we bring to Mauritius,” Dongre, creative director, Global Desi, said in a statement.
The brand recently made its ramp debut at the Lakme Fashion Week 2013 with actress Aditi Rao Hydari walking the ramp as its showstopper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- Ranveer Singh and Karan Johar to work together! Details inside
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actors prays for her good health
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic