Global Desi makes international debut
New Delhi: Global Desi, the India inspired colourful boho chic brand, has gone international with a store in Mauritius.
Located in Bagatelle Mall, the store is spread across 1100 sq ft and has jumpsuits, graphic print skirts, dresses, colourful tunics, maxis and more on display.
A brainchild of designer Anita Dongre, Global Desi was founded in 2007. Currently the brand has 48 stand alone stores in the country and a presence across 130 multi-brand outlets including Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle and Central.
"It is so exciting to see Global Desi beginning to reach out to fashionistas the world over. The brand is designed with a universal appeal which makes the wearer fashionable anywhere in the world. It’s this philosophy that we bring to Mauritius,” Dongre, creative director, Global Desi, said in a statement.
The brand recently made its ramp debut at the Lakme Fashion Week 2013 with actress Aditi Rao Hydari walking the ramp as its showstopper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled