Gucci launches line of environment-friendly shoes
London: International designer brand Gucci has launched a line of environment-friendly shoes for both men and women.
The Italian fashion house`s creative director, Frida Giannini, has designed the Sustainable Soles footwear line which includes two styles made with biodegradable plastic.
The female shoes are ballerinas available in a range of polished tones, including blush, taupe and black and feature cutout details and the company`s signature GG motif, reported Contactmusic.
The men`s are sneakers and are sold in both a low and high-top version with bio-rubber soles while the upper part of the shoe is in vegetable-tanned calfskin and and has bio strings.
The Sustainable Soles line, which is part of the pre-fall 2012 collection, will hit Gucci`s e-commerce and its flagships worldwide at the end of June. This is not the first environmentally-friendly products Gucci have created.
Last year, the label debuted a line of bio-based frames synthesized from castor seeds and it is now set to introduce the first-ever sunglasses made with liquid wood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' a world-class film: Anil Kapoor
- Every single child is unique: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan to attend sister's reception in Himachal
- 'Andaaz' clocks 12 years; Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta nostalgic
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened