Gucci launches line of environment-friendly shoes
London: International designer brand Gucci has launched a line of environment-friendly shoes for both men and women.
The Italian fashion house`s creative director, Frida Giannini, has designed the Sustainable Soles footwear line which includes two styles made with biodegradable plastic.
The female shoes are ballerinas available in a range of polished tones, including blush, taupe and black and feature cutout details and the company`s signature GG motif, reported Contactmusic.
The men`s are sneakers and are sold in both a low and high-top version with bio-rubber soles while the upper part of the shoe is in vegetable-tanned calfskin and and has bio strings.
The Sustainable Soles line, which is part of the pre-fall 2012 collection, will hit Gucci`s e-commerce and its flagships worldwide at the end of June. This is not the first environmentally-friendly products Gucci have created.
Last year, the label debuted a line of bio-based frames synthesized from castor seeds and it is now set to introduce the first-ever sunglasses made with liquid wood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!