Gucci launches line of environment-friendly shoes
London: International designer brand Gucci has launched a line of environment-friendly shoes for both men and women.
The Italian fashion house`s creative director, Frida Giannini, has designed the Sustainable Soles footwear line which includes two styles made with biodegradable plastic.
The female shoes are ballerinas available in a range of polished tones, including blush, taupe and black and feature cutout details and the company`s signature GG motif, reported Contactmusic.
The men`s are sneakers and are sold in both a low and high-top version with bio-rubber soles while the upper part of the shoe is in vegetable-tanned calfskin and and has bio strings.
The Sustainable Soles line, which is part of the pre-fall 2012 collection, will hit Gucci`s e-commerce and its flagships worldwide at the end of June. This is not the first environmentally-friendly products Gucci have created.
Last year, the label debuted a line of bio-based frames synthesized from castor seeds and it is now set to introduce the first-ever sunglasses made with liquid wood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Asha Bhosle donates Rs 25k to ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs’ contestants
- Anushka Sharma – Diljit Dosanjh starrer ‘Phillauri’ keeps ‘spirits’ high, earns moderately at Box Office
- Pratyusha Banerjee short film: Kamya Punjabi hits back at Rahul Raj Singh, says no one can scare me!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 29 Update: Dadi makes Abhi realise that he has fallen in love with Pragya
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!