Halle Berry unveils new line of shoes
London: Halle Berry, who already has her own fragrance, has now launched her own line of shoes. The ‘5ths Avenue by Halle Berry’ collection, designed for German retailer Deichmann Shoes, comes six months after Cindy Crawford posed with her own range of Deichmann heals.
Like Crawford, Berry is 45 and the ad shoot shows off her enviably toned legs as she slips on her new shoes. The actress’ spring/summer range of 40 limited edition footwear will boast peep toes with wedge heels, high-heeled sandals with straps and high-heeled sling sandals on wedge heels. Berry said it was a “dream come true” to have her own collection. “Women have always loved shoes,” a leading daily has quoted her as saying.
“It’s like if your hair is not right and your shoes are not right, the woman is not right. If both of them are right, you’re pretty much OK. And shoes are a statement. They can be very sexy; they can say something about where you are in the day; they can say what your mood is; they give you a chance to accessorize. And I’m a girl that loves to change my shoes all the time. It’s an expression of who you are really. I’m a girl if I find a shoe that I really like I like to get them in all colours. I’m big on that. I would say I’m a nude girl because this goes with everything. You can dress it up and dress it down. I can’t think of any girl who wouldn’t want her name on a brand of shoes. I think that’s pretty cool,” she said.
In her Deichmann commercial, Berry gets so caught up in the shoes and changes of outfit in her dressing room that she is late on a film set. She said that she like the way the ad portrayed her.
“I like the concept of it. It really relates to my life and who I am as a person and what I do for a living. And I think there’s kind of a fun element to it. And it also speaks to my love of shoes,” she added.
The company is Europe’s largest shoe retailer, and more than 50 UK stores have previously signed up the Pussycat Dolls and the Sugababes to promote its shoes. Berry’s shoes will go on sale in the UK from early March with prices starting at 29.99 pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you trip throughout its video – Watch here
- Unhappy marriage good for diabetic men: Study
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- Shabbir Ahluwalia's romance locked dinner date with wife Kanchi Kaul – See pic
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how