Los Angeles: Hollywood celebrities like Kristen Stewart and Emma Stone experimented with new hair cuts and colour swaps in 2014.
Here are some of the most noteworthy switch-ups of 2014, reports people.com:
* Kristen Stewart: For a star who hardly ever takes fashion risks, the "Twilight" star surprised many with her new bright-orange hue in April. Soon after her dye job, she chopped her locks into a rocker-chic short asymmetrical do.
* Adam Levine: The singer-actor went from dark haired man to a bold platinum hued one.
* Katy Perry: The singer has rocked a rainbow of colours. And while she's stepped out with purple and red hair this year, it's her slime green look that was the most memorable.
* Emma Stone: She sported everything from bangs to the celeb-loved bob and bangs combo.
* Beyonce Knowles: It's been a year full of major mane changes for the singer, who can't seem to stick to one style for too long. In 2014, the stylish star wore a head full of long, elaborate braids, debuted baby bangs and most recently hopped on the star-studded bob bandwagon.