London: The little black dress (LBD) is the must-have outfit for the party season but be careful while opting for the look. To look beautiful in the skimpy outfit, one should try for a bloat-free stomach or tactical exercising, says an expert.
Nutritionist Jeannette Jackson shared some tips to achieve the perfect look this Christmas, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* Revitalised skin: Mangoes are your secret to fresh skin. They're packed with Vitamin A, which is crucial for healthy skin and they even have the ability to reduce dark spots and blemishes. So a mango smoothie is the perfect tonic on the day of your party to leave your skin looking fresh and clear.
* Bloat free: Eat sushi or sashimi for lunch as protein helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer so you're less likely to snack. High sugar snacks can have a bloating effect a few hours after digestion, so if you're prone to distention and you do need to snack, have a boiled egg or cooked chicken pieces.
* Energy boost: Avoid the pre-evening slump when you can't be bothered to start getting ready and take a 1000mg fish oil capsule daily. This feeds the brain and gives the body quality energy to help boost memory and concentration.
* Tactical exercising: We all know exercise is good for you but that doesn't mean to say you can't take advantage of that. Exercising increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your skin and it also helps to flush toxins out of your system more effectively, so if you exercise on the afternoon of your 'do' you'll look fresher and more vibrant.
* Clever eating: You don't want to starve so eat leafy greens, in particular kale, which is now being hailed as the 'green beef' of vegetables as it's so packed with nutrients. It's also low in calories, has zero fat and is high in fibre, so it will also help to reduce gas and bloating to help your LBD fit perfectly!
* Glossy hair: Try using rosemary shampoo, it's a circulatory stimulant and can help to improve scalp health, and nourishment of the roots to assist in shiny, strong healthy hair.
* Party all night: Iron rich foods transport oxygen around the body and so improve energy and stamina to help you enjoy the party without flagging near the end of the night. A few strips of beef on a bed of steamed kale with a fresh lemon coconut oil dressing is ideal for a pre-LBD party lunch.
* Avoid the hangover: Prepare for the next morning and drink half a pint of water with a magnesium (150mg) tablet before bed. Magnesium has anti- inflammatory properties that may help to reduce a hangover, plus it's a muscular relaxant so could help you to sleep more peacefully. The water will reduce puffy eyes the next morning too.
*Eat: Trying to go all day with very little food before you put on your fabulous LBD is a big no no. You'll eat more at dinner and potentially drink more (the alcohol will certainly react more quickly for you). It's the party season and you want to shine... so all these tips will help you to look and feel amazing from the inside out.