Hugh Jackman, Elle Macpherson bedazzle Queen Elizabeth’s party
Washington: Hugh Jackman and Elle Macpherson added a touch of glamour to the lavish reception hosted by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace ahead of her trip to Australia.
The 85-year-old monarch, who had invited 350 members of Australia’s high society to join her for a celebration at her London residence, is all set to make her trip to the country, of which she is head of state.
The 43-year-old actor, who was one of the first guests to chat with the Queen at the party, is adamant that his countrymen will be thrilled that the Queen is making her 16th trip Down Under, despite some citizens calling for the country to be made a free republic.
“They love her there, the only issue I know is she cannot make every city. Even the republicans, the ones in Australia who want to see Australia move on, still have great respect and love for the Queen. I’ve never heard anyone say different,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
The 47-year-old model, nicknamed ‘The Body’, agreed with the ‘X-Men’ star and said that she remembers singing ‘God Save The Queen’.
“I think deep down we’re still monarchists in Australia. I remember singing God Save The Queen. I think we still do,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!