Hugh Jackman, Elle Macpherson bedazzle Queen Elizabeth’s party
Washington: Hugh Jackman and Elle Macpherson added a touch of glamour to the lavish reception hosted by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace ahead of her trip to Australia.
The 85-year-old monarch, who had invited 350 members of Australia’s high society to join her for a celebration at her London residence, is all set to make her trip to the country, of which she is head of state.
The 43-year-old actor, who was one of the first guests to chat with the Queen at the party, is adamant that his countrymen will be thrilled that the Queen is making her 16th trip Down Under, despite some citizens calling for the country to be made a free republic.
“They love her there, the only issue I know is she cannot make every city. Even the republicans, the ones in Australia who want to see Australia move on, still have great respect and love for the Queen. I’ve never heard anyone say different,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
The 47-year-old model, nicknamed ‘The Body’, agreed with the ‘X-Men’ star and said that she remembers singing ‘God Save The Queen’.
“I think deep down we’re still monarchists in Australia. I remember singing God Save The Queen. I think we still do,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn