Huma Qureshi was apprehensive to go de-glam for `Sujata`
Mumbai: Actress Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film `Sujata`.
`Sujata` is one of the short films from Anurag Kashyap`s collection ‘Shorts’, which is directed by Shlok Sharma.
"Shlok wanted me without make-up in the film as it is a hard-hitting story and needed that look," the actress said in a statement here.
Huma said she finally decided to go de-glam for the character she portrayed in the films and is wondering how she must be looking on screen.
Scripted by Annie Zaidi, `Sujata` is a 10-minute short film about the protagonist played by Huma, who takes on her childhood tormentor.
The film, produced by Kashyap`s AKFPL and Tumbhi.Com, a talent showcase platform, created waves at the 10th Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles.
The film is slated to be released on July 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Rajinikanth's Sri Lanka visit faces opposition in Tamil Nadu
- Might land up in jail if I reveal much about 'Daddy': Arjun Rampal
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH