Huma Qureshi was apprehensive to go de-glam for `Sujata`
Mumbai: Actress Huma Qureshi has said she was initially apprehensive about going without make-up for her role in short film `Sujata`.
`Sujata` is one of the short films from Anurag Kashyap`s collection ‘Shorts’, which is directed by Shlok Sharma.
"Shlok wanted me without make-up in the film as it is a hard-hitting story and needed that look," the actress said in a statement here.
Huma said she finally decided to go de-glam for the character she portrayed in the films and is wondering how she must be looking on screen.
Scripted by Annie Zaidi, `Sujata` is a 10-minute short film about the protagonist played by Huma, who takes on her childhood tormentor.
The film, produced by Kashyap`s AKFPL and Tumbhi.Com, a talent showcase platform, created waves at the 10th Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles.
The film is slated to be released on July 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Indian film industry's earnings to be $3.7 billion by 2020, says report
- Kangana Ranaut–Hrithik Roshan controversy: Here's what Rakesh Roshan has to say
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn