I have been seen as a celebrity, not actress: Lindsay Lohan
London: Actress Lindsay Lohan says she hates when people treat her like a celebrity and not as an artiste.
Lohan, 28, who is all set to make her West End debut in David Mamet`s `Speed-the-Plow` later this year, said people forgot her stint as a child actress since she was three-year-old, reportedly.
"People have certain perceptions of me. For a long time, people looked at me as kind of a celebrity, which is something I never wanted... That`s not what I got into this industry for. I`ve been doing this since I was 3 years old and I`ve been on set since I was 6. People kind of forgot that, and I think now is a good time," she says of her comeback.
"And what better than to do it with the great people that I`m working with on stage in London... So that people can focus on the fact that I`m in this industry because I`m an actress and an artist and not just someone you take photos of?," she said.
Lohan`s name became synonymous with partying, and the actress says she is no more bothered by her frequent legal troubles in her life.
"I don`t understand the crazy fascination with me because it kind of scares me. Even when I`m not doing anything, they create something that I`m doing. But I`m so numb to it at this point that it doesn`t affect me personally. Whereas in the past I think it did a little bit and I was out in LA on my own," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn