I like curvaceous Indian women: Vidya
New Delhi: Size zero may be a fad, but actress Vidya Balan, who flaunted her curves unabashedly in ‘The Dirty Picture’, says she is all for the Indian woman`s curvaceous body.
"The only zero I am associated with is the zero cholesterol and zero trans-fat that are feature of Aliva snacks... and yes, the zeroes that come in my cheque," Vidya quipped on being asked if she would ever endorse the size zero figure.
"I like the curvaceous Indian woman`s body. And if I may say so, I am well-endowed," she added.
The 33-year-old was here Thursday for the official announcement of her appointment as brand ambassador of a new range of snacks brand Aliva, from the Pepsico stable.
Dressed in a shocking pink sari teamed with her trademark elbow-length sleeved blouse, Vidya looked elegant, and her vibrant, fun-loving mood justified her choice of colour.
Vidya says she likes to flaunt a mix of traditional and modern.
"A part of me is very traditional, which is why you see me wearing a lot of saris. But a part of me will always wear these low-back blouses," she said, as she sat up to show her deep cut back of her blouse to the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hope filing FIR for women becomes better, says Amitabh Bachchan post 'Pink'
- Unstoppable 'PINK' box office collections: Amitabh Bachchan starrer crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- Karan Johar opens up about his two-year-battle with clinical depression
- Obama, DiCaprio to discuss climate change
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn