In `Action Replayy`, Akshay`s look was my fault: Vipul Shah
Mumbai: Director-producer Vipul Amrutlal Shah, whose ‘London Dreams’ and ‘Action Replayy’ bombed at the box office, accepts that there were mistakes in the films. He feels his decision to give a retro look to Akshay Kumar in ‘Action Replayy’ went against the movie.
"When you make a film, you can`t think or assure that it will be a hit. I am lucky that out of my eight films six have worked. If a film has not worked, then we will have to accept our mistakes that we have made in the films," Shah said.
"As per my knowledge, in `Action Replayy`, Akshay`s look was my fault. Akshay had even said that this shouldn`t be the look, but I was convinced with it. I feel `Action Replayy` didn`t work because of Akshay`s look," he added.
Despite two big stars Akshay and Aishwarya Rai in the cast, the 2010 film failed to click at the box office.
"Now I feel had Akshay`s look been better, the audience opinion about the film would have changed. There were some errors in the script, which I can see now, but not then. There was lot of mistakes in the film, which I can see now," said Shah.
The filmmaker, who churned out hits like ‘Namastey London’ and ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ with Akshay, shares a strong bonding with the star, but at the same time maintains a professional equation with him.
"We can`t forget that he is a big star. We should not forget our professional relationship. He is an easy going person, very cooperative. I maintain our professional boundary. He is a very good friend," said Shah.
The filmmaker is currently busy promoting his production venture flick ‘Commando’. Featuring Vidut Jamwal in the lead, it is slated for April 12 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic