India`s Navneet Kaur Dhillon out of Miss World contest
Bali:Navneet Kaur Dhillon lost the run for the Miss World 2013 crown here Saturday, continuing India`s 13-year-long dry run at the coveted annual beauty pageant. However, she won a Multimedia Award.
The last time an Indian won the Miss World title was Priyanka Chopra in 2000.
Navneet, 20, managed to make her way to the top 20 out of 127 contestants from across the world. However, she couldn`t make it to the top 10 shortlist at the 63rd edition of the Miss World pageant held at Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center in Bali, Indonesia.
The young beauty however helped India bag the Multimedia Award at the pageant for the second time in a row. The award was first introduced by the Miss World Organization in 2012 when India`s Vanya Mishra clinched it.
The Multimedia Award is adjudged on how contestants presented their web section of the Miss World website and a Facebook page wherein they interact with fans through status updates, photos and videos.
Navneet also stood ninth in Beauty with a Purpose award. The winner was Miss Nepal Ishani Shrestha.
The Miss World panel of judges include the likes of Liliana Tanoesoedibjo (chairwoman of Miss Indonesia Organization), Coretta Kapoyos Bayuseno (chairwoman of Jakarta Police Wives Organization) and Julia Morley (chairwoman of Miss World Organization) amongst others.
Yu Wenxia of China will crown her successor at the end of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!