Indian designer to show at London`s art gallery
New Delhi: Indian designer Amit GT, who styled for the likes of Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor, is set to showcase at the Saatchi Gallery in London.
The designer will exhibit his pre-spring Summer 2012 collection for three days starting Aug 7.
"It is an arts meet fashion event for trend defining designers and luxury brands. There will be a list of international icons in design industry like Vivienne Westwood, and brands like Kenzo, Pucci, Valentino, Givenchy who will be showing alongside," Amit told reporters.
The designer, who was showered with appreciation and accolades soon after launching his own prêt label called Senses by Amit GT in January 2003, has participated in fashion weeks at Paris, Milan, London and Dubai.
However, making collection for the art gallery is a challenge for him.
"The biggest challenge in designing this collection was to how I could use my recent love affair with minimal chic in myriad ways to suit different moods and occasions. I wanted to design a complete wardrobe for women who like fuss free yet elegant looks which they can wear for day or for chic evenings or when they take some time off for a luxe safari," said the designer.
"I wanted to create eclectic wardrobe so that they don`t have to follow same look each day. There are prints in the collection that were inspired by exotic flora and fauna or there are hand-painted intriguing prints or abstracts that take you on a galactic trail but all of them have a sense of escapism," he added.
Apart from this, the designer is also busy with Bollywood projects and other international assignments.
"I have styled for celebrities like Katrina (Kaif), Deepika(Padukone), Kareena (Kapoor) and considering some more projects, which will increase my reach and clientele. Also, there are many socialites like Queeny Dhodhy, Feroz Gujral, Gayatri Oberoi who wears and appreciates my clothes," he said.
"There is an exhibition in Louvre during Paris fashion week, next season, and then Wills Lifestyle India Fashion week. Besides that there will be many events we are holding in various countries in Europe," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- Naam Shabana: Akshay Kumar enjoys special screening with female police officers
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Mamta Kulkarni, Vicky Goswami
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW